Monday, March 16, 2009

Month 3 Week 3 - 12 minutes of running

Well, according to the schedule the goal this week is to try to include 12 minutes of running in your 30 minutes set aside for training. So, at least three times this week set aside 30 minutes of time where you run for at least 12 of the 30 minutes and walk for the other 18.

Personally, I'm not up to that much running yet, but I'm working on it. As I told you a couple of weeks ago, I had to start over again because I was out of commission for couple of weeks because of a bug and then struggled to get back at it. The last two weeks, however, have been going great! I've actually worked out every day of the week, except Sunday the first week and except Saturday and Sunday last week. I've managed to work up to doing 8 minutes of running and this week I'm hoping to maybe get to the 12 minutes, we'll have to see how it goes.

I probably should mention that I don't do all my running together, in other words when I say I did 8 minutes of running it doesn't mean I was running for 8 minutes straight. I break my running up with walking. I am finding right now that I can only manage 1 minute of running at a time. I do a warm up walk of about 5 - 10 minutes and then I run for one minute and walk for one, and keep repeating until I reach my 8 minutes of running, then I just walk the rest of the time. Last week I tried running for 2 and walking for 2 but I found my calf muscles really tensing up and getting painful so I went back to 1 and 1. I am looking forward to the day when I can run the whole time and taking it slow and steady this way I know I will eventually reach that goal.

I'd love to hear how you are doing

1 comment:

  1. Keep on trucking Jacqueline - you will be running more than a minute at a time before you know it. In January it was a struggle for me to run over a minute and now I am doing 25 minutes at a time!!!! Off to check out your training links, I think the couch to 5k program I am following is quite a bit different than the one you are doing.

    ReplyDelete