Saturday, May 16, 2009

So excited!

I am now an official member of a running club! You have no idea how excited that makes me. I have been following the Corner Brook Running Club blog for a while now and when I read today's post I sent off an email saying I was interested in being a member even though I didn't live in the area. There are no running clubs in my community and this is the closest one that I know of to where I live. I got an email back telling me that I was now an official member of the Corner Brook Running club! Yeah!! I don't know if I'll ever get to actually run in an event they put off but I'm hoping some day I might.

Another thing that has me excited today is seeing the top of my training calendar at MapMyRun.com say that I now have done a total distance of 10.62km! I only started logging my activity on Thursday. I am loving seeing that number go up. It's a real motivater.

I did another outside walk today and I was thrilled that I did it without getting winded and without any pain. I also increased my speed and distance! I still only managed to do 3.17km and my speed was only 4.76 but it is an improvement of my last distance and speed and for that I am happy.

One other thing - I realized why my outdoor walking speed is slower than my indoor walk/run speed. I am doing my indoor walk/run in my rec room, with only about a 16 x 8 foot space to do laps in, so I don't really get to build up much speed before I have to slow to turn. I'm confident that my running speed will be better once I actually start running outside.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go JAC! You are inspiring me to get moving! LOVE the map my run site!

    ReplyDelete