Monday, January 12, 2009

Week 2 - Walk for 30 minutes at least 3 days

Same goal as last week. Actually, the goal will be the same for the whole month of January.

I don't know about you, but I didn't do great in meeting the goal last week. I did good the first day, but had trouble getting the second and third days in.

The second day for me was Thursday last week and I didn't actually walk the whole time. I did a warm up walk for 5 minutes using the free run feature of the wii and then I played on the wii. I did some step, both the normal and advanced. I also tried the normal run feature. I didn't actually run for it but walked instead. I was checking it out to see how it worked because it had been a while since I used it. It actually had me walking for about 3 minutes. Added in with the beginning walk I did, plus both step sessions and I ended up with a total of about 12 minutes exercise. Then I did another cool down walk of 5 minutes before I played some of the balance games. While all this probably wasn't as good as actually just walking for the 30 minutes it was better than doing nothing.

The third day for me ended up being Saturday. I was visiting my sister and kept saying that we had to get our walking in but we couldn't quite seem to bring ourselves to do it. We finally decided that we would fit some kind of moving in while we watched Mama Mia. We put the movie on and set to moving. We walked in place during the talking parts and danced and sang to the singing parts - at least for the first 10-15 minutes. At that point my little did something that I had to attend to and spoiled the mood so that was it. Being at my sister's, however, meant that I had to climb the hill to get into her place every time we went out so I figure that made up for the time I missed. :)

This week I have to get serious. I'm going to try to work on some kind of schedule to make sure it gets done. Sure hope I have more success than last week.

How did you do last week?

10 comments:

  1. Well I can't say that last week was a great week for me either but I am trying.
    I just finished 16 minutes of walking with 2 thirty second jogs mixed in. I didn't want to do it but I feel so much better now that I did do it.
    I plan on doing at least 15 min of walking 4x a week. Can't go for the 30 min a day thing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys. I walked on the tread mill, the weight loss program for 20 minutes yesterday, Monday and today, Tuesday same thing. I am hoping to do that Monday to Friday and rest Saturday and Sunday. It feels great so far. I'll be ready for September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Benjamin and I walked twice last week. We also walked yesterday (for this week) and hoping to get out another couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Cheryl, for adapting the plan to work for you! That's what it's all about.

    Way to go, Aunt Renee! Does your tread mill have a weight loss program on it or were you referring to this as a weight loss program? I don't think of this as a weight loss program, but a get fit program, with weight loss as a side benefit. :)

    Way to do Carla! Want me to add Benjamin to the list too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys, not sure that my comment was poster yesterday but anyway I've done my 20 mins again today like I did Monday to Thursday and I say it's getting easier. Anyway, taking a break Saturday and Sunday.. Have a great weekend. Will comment again on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Aunt Renee! I haven't been doing great again this week. Did it Monday. Planned to do it Wednesday, but didn't. Something thing Thursday. Today I did actually walk for 15 minutes and I have to get some time in again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay,

    So it seems that Aunt Renee is putting us to shame!!! I managed to walk/run twice this week and plan to do the same today. I am having to beat myself over the head in order to do it. How I dream of experiencing the runners high ;0)

    Go Aunt Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There must be something wrong with the posting because I posted yesterday and nothing is there. Anyway, this is my 3rd day this week on the tread mill for 20 days. Come on guys where are you... Hope this one posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, the comments seem to act up and give trouble once in a while, Aunt Renee. I'm not sure what's up with that. Good for you for keeping up the good work. Did you see the new post I did with the goals for this week? I haven't done anything yet this week because I've been fighting a bug all week and hardly have the energy to do normal everyday things, let alone extra. I plan to make up for it when I finally get rid of this bug

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh well, I guess there is still trouble with this site. I have posted everyday but it isn't here. Anyway, I am now doing 25 minutes a day on the treadmill and am enjoying it, believe it or not. I am hoping to get the wii fit set up over the weekend although I will be Halifax on business Friday and Saturday. Anyway, hope all are doing well. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete